Energy Futures Lab (EFL) is a world-class platform that builds leadership skills for collaboration. The EFL facilitates constructive dialogue around Alberta’s energy future and enables real-world experimentation and learning while identifying, testing and scaling new initiatives.
The EFL Leadership Bootcamp is an intensive learning and leadership development experience to enable and empower innovators and influencers to play a role in the emerging transition in the Albertan energy system. The state-of-the-art tools and techniques are tested and refined in the Energy Futures Lab and we want to share them with you.
Who should apply?
What Does it Offer?
- A dynamic, interactive and intensive three-day in-person workshop, including lunches
- A set of facilitators’ guides with materials, e.g. slides, worksheets for those wishing to use the materials with their own organizations
- An award-winning e-learning course
- A follow up coaching call as you apply the workshop teachings
Bootcamp Agenda & Objectives*
*Subject to change
Here is what you’ll experience in a Leadership Bootcamp.
- Gain insights about how you personally react to transition.
- Experience the challenges and opportunities of an energy stakeholder you’re unfamiliar with.
- Clarify strengths and gaps in your knowledge of the energy system in times of transition.
- Reflect on the importance of narratives in energy transition.
- Brainstorm and map narratives held by those in the energy system.
- Discuss the relevance of a range of energy trends to Alberta’s future.
- Map a shared understanding of Alberta’s energy system.
- Identify high-leverage opportunities to intervene in the energy system.
- Review a framework to incorporate sustainability into strategic planning.
- Brainstorm key characteristics of the gap between success and current reality for Alberta’s energy system.
- Review an outline of the opportunities and challenges in the upcoming energy transition
- Explore the relevance of the lab’s signature initiatives.
- Experience rapid prototyping as a way to experiment and learn in uncertainty.
What are others saying?
Here is what others are saying about their learning experience in the Energy Futures Lab…
We have found that we have been able to leverage this EFL work with external partners, while also sharing the learning internally in a series of workshops that parallel the work of the EFL.”
– Cathy Glover, Suncor Energy Foundation and Community Investment
As a result of my involvement with the EFL, we have adjusted our company strategy to focus on more collaborative responses – we realize that there will not be one single solution for energy transition.”
– Audrey Mascarenhas, CEO, Questor Technologies
The fact that an ambitious, unproven, yet bold idea such as the Energy Futures Lab is flourishing in our province, gives me a sense of pride that we are once again embracing our potential to truly think, and act as global leaders.”
– Sean Collins, Co-Founder and Manager of Fundraising | Student Energy
Being able to see Alberta’s energy future from so many different perspectives and to have my perspective and voice as a First Nations leader welcomed by the group makes me believe that a better energy future really is possible.”
– Desmond Bull, Councillor, Louis Bull Tribe
With collaborative support like this for our entrepreneurs and innovators, I believe that we can see new and effective innovations and technologies. Ideas and technologies that could unlock the next deposit, reduce the impact of tailings, create energy from waste or accomplish something we haven’t even thought of yet. These technologies will help create new jobs and help build our knowledge economy.”
– Honourable Shannon Phillips, Minister of Environment and Parks