The Fellowship application process is now closed.
What is the Energy Futures Lab?
- Platform for ongoing experimentation, innovation, and collaboration
- Network to share lessons and knowledge among participating organizations and their stakeholders
- Channel to spark a new energy future narrative that inspires dialogue and action on key issues and challenges
What are the timeframes and process for the EFL?
What is the fellowship?
Through a shared learning journey, the Fellows will deepen their understanding of diverse stakeholder perspectives and the energy system, build trust and shared knowledge and work together to address energy challenges. Fellows will co-create and prototype programs and projects that support transition towards a resilient energy system in Alberta.
Why a fellowship?
What is the benefit in being a fellow?
- Develop leading-edge knowledge and skills to collaborate, lead and manage in an increasingly dynamic and complex energy environment.
- Glean strategic intelligence and insights about the energy space from peers and system-sensing research.
- Build a strategic and systems-level understanding of the energy field, its players and inter-relationships.
- Be part of an influential and supportive network of dynamic change-makers committed to creating positive impact and tangible outcomes.
- Develop and enhance important relationships in an age of increased expectations for transparency and collaboration.
- Play a major role in a high profile initiative that will contribute to Alberta’s energy future.
How much time is involved? What is the full commitment?
Fellowship membership is not transferable.
How is EFL building diversity into the program?
How will the selection of fellows be made?
Applications will be reviewed by a subset of the EFL design team, with input from the steering committee. Selection of Fellows is based on the merit of each potential fellow as compared to the selection criteria, while ensuring that the Energy Futures Lab Fellows as a whole reflects a broad diversity of actors and voices that play a vital role in the future of Alberta’s energy system.
Formal invitations to selected fellows will be made by August 10, 2015. Fellows have two weeks to accept.
What is an intrapreneur? systempreneur?
Systempreneurs mobilize resources and gather stakeholders to innovate and discover solutions to wicked system-level challenges. They drive system-level change by being connectors and master collaborators.